Paediatric Exercise Physiologists specialise in evidence based interventions for children ages 0-12 years old.
Paediatric Exercise Physiologists are specialists in formulating tailored exercise programs to help children improve their mobility, health and fitness.
Our role is to help children prevent or manage complex diseases or conditions, provide rehabilitation after injury or surgery and manage unhealthy weight, along with enhancing fitness and participation levels in sports and daily activities. Children working with our Paediatric Exercise Physiologists can work on a many skill areas including:
- Motor skills (Gross & Fine Motor)
- Injury rehab including muscle strength & endurance
- Sports specific skills
- Biomechanics for sport
- Gait training
- Executive function
Common disabilities / conditions our Paediatric Exercise Physiologists work with
Our Paediatric Exercise Physiologists can help with many common, and complex conditions including:
- Movement and strength difficulties
- Neurological conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Stroke, Dystonia, Acquired Brain Injury
- Hypermobility and connective tissue disorders such as Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Respiratory and Cardiovascular conditions (e.g. Asthma)
- Childhood Cancers
- Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD)
- Global Developmental Delay (GDD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Our Goal for your Child’s therapy
Exercise and therapy can be scary and hard. Our aim is to provide a space that feels safe, inviting and fun. We use play based activities such as games, toys, music and other resources created based on your child’s interest.
We also strive to ensure that the gains your child makes in their therapy sessions continue at home. We provide families with a full take home program with easy activities that need minimal equipment.