Can we use NDIS funding for Paediatric Exercise Physiology sessions?
Yes. Paediatric Exercise Physiologists can help children living with a disability or developmental delay with:
- Promoting improved health and wellbeing
- Assist in the development of coordination and motor skills
- Increasing muscle tone (Hypertonicity)
- Increasing strength, flexibility, balance and mobility
- Learning or Physical Disabilities
Funding for paediatric exercise physiology can come from one of two budget areas in an NDIS plan:
- Capacity building – Improved Daily Living
- Capacity building – Improved Health and Wellbeing
- Core – Other Assessment, Therapy & Recommendations
Can funding be used for therapy in clinic and hydrotherapy?
The NDIS can be overwhelming. With so many providers offering so many services. Hydrotherapy is a form of therapy used by Exercise Physiologists. If you Paediatric Exercise Physiologist is familiar with Hydrotherapy, then you could utilise this as a part of your treatment.
If you would like to refer your child to Coordinated Kidz for Exercise Physiology using their NDIS funding – simply fill in the referral form here and one of our team members will give you a call.
To use funding for people over 18 years of age visit our Coordinated Fitness Page
Coordinated Kidz is a branch of Coordinated Fitness. If your child turns 18, we have a specialist team of Exercise Physiologist who work with teens and adults. You can learn more by heading the Coordinated Fitness page by clicking here.
If you would like to refer your child to Coordinated Kidz for Exercise Physiology – simply fill in the referral form here and one of our team members will give you a call.